Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce issued the following announcement on Feb. 27.
JOB TITLE: Development & Communications Coordinator
DATE REVISED: February 2019
REPORTS TO: Development & Communications Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full –Time
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Development & Communications Coordinator to join our team of professionals. This position provides support in the areas of special events, fund development, and marketing by delivering superior service to the Chamber members, Directors, employees, and potential members.
In return for your demonstrated success in this role, you will be rewarded with a market-competitive total compensation package which includes medical, dental, life, 401(k) plan with Chamber contribution, attractive paid-time off program, and more.
- Work with Development & Communications team on sponsorship outreach
- Serve as primary contact for communication, recognition, and benefit fulfillment for key sponsors and partners.
- Tracks and manages event sponsorship benefits for all special events to ensure recognition benefits are fulfilled, in conjunction with Development & Communications Manager. Includes coordination of sponsorship agreements and single event sponsorship invoices, attendee registrations, delivery of recognition to sponsoring organizations and other vendor relations and event needs.
- Manages event attendee registration for the Chamber’s 20+ signature events, including the processing of billing and payments, managing attendance and event information internally, and creating timelines for event guest outreach and follow-up.
- Assists with event attendee cultivation and coordinates table sales
- Primary point of contact for external customers and customer service related to 20+ special events per year. Maintains strong internal and external communications as well as develops positive relationships with all event stakeholders, including attendees, staff, sponsors and
- Relays appropriate event details to marketing team members for website, calendaring and other administrating tracking needs. Ensures that online and internal event calendars are always up-to-date.
- Track departmental key performance indicators including registration, attendance and event net income.
- In collaboration with the Development & Communications Manager, draft content for the Chamber’s website and communications platforms. Content includes but is not limited to blogs, articles, op-eds, newsletters, collateral items, talking points, non-event press releases, and other items as needed.
- Work within the Constant Contact platform to design evites, e-newsletters, and other digital communications.
- Develop social media messaging for sponsorship benefit fulfillment, and events and campaigns as needed.
- Responsible for external communications with Chamber members and past event/program attendees to drive event attendance and increase revenues
- Serve as a liaison between the communications team and other departments to develop content
- Attends and provides on-site support during events and receptions to manage registration and other on-site logistics. Conducts pre-event trainings and post-event debrief sessions, including detailed financial recap and coordination of follow up strategies.
- Manages the nomination process of the Chamber’s IMPACT and ATHENA Awards programs and serves as primary point of contact for award nominees.
- Works closely with all team members to ensure success of all internal and external programs.
- Strategic thinker, creative, highly organized, attentive to detail, and persistent with follow through
- Dedicated to exceptional member service
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, team-oriented environment, successfully managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Remains calm and decisive under pressure
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as a team member; anticipate needs and problem solve
- Ability to exceptionally articulate with stellar oral and written communication skills, strong writing and proofreading skills is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in business, event management, or related field and/or 1-2 years related event planning/internship experience or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven customer service experience and skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and evenings, when necessary
- Ability to work overtime as priorities dictate
- Professional office environment
- Heavy computer use
- Specific deadlines and timetables
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
For immediate consideration, please submit resume, letter of interest and salary requirements via email to HR@phoenixchamber.com. Subject line should read “Development & Communications Coordinator.”
Original source can be found here.