Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce issued the following announcement on Sept. 27.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (Foundation) leads the charitable and education objectives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and promotes economic prosperity and quality of life for the Greater Phoenix region. The Foundation furthers the Chamber’s mission by conducting research, forming partnerships and hosting events focused on education, workforce development, wellness and community development.
The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on improving health and prosperity for the region. Wellness AtoZ is aimed at making Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as a destination for healthy talent and a healthy community. Through workforce development efforts, the Foundation serves as a link between industry and education, ensuring that students in the Greater Phoenix region have access to a high-quality, affordable education and related job training to prepare them for the future.
Wellness AtoZ complements existing wellness programs, highlighting best practices and offering free tools to enhance corporate wellness. Wellness AtoZ was launched in 2017 and now, with over 110 participating employers and 400,000 individuals, we are looking to the next phase of this initiative, scale and sustainability. The Foundation is interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work, and play.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths. Workforce is one of three key pillars for the Chamber; the Foundation supports this work through employer-led workforce collaboratives, helping to develop a pipeline of talent for the Greater Phoenix region.
Who are we looking for today?
The Foundation is currently seeking a Project Manager to oversee the Wellness AtoZ initiative. The ideal candidate has strong presentation and sales skills and the ability to build and manage relationships with business and community leaders. The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally and also be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and to be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission. We are looking for a dynamic “people” person, who is interested in promoting employee wellness for the greater good of the community.
The Project Manager will serve as the Wellness AtoZ Manager overseeing the Wellness AtoZ initiative, including updating and implementing a strategic action plan, scaling the program and meeting financial goals as established in the budget. The Project Manager is responsible for recruiting and onboarding companies as Wellness AtoZ employers and ensuring compliance with related guidelines. This individual will create new and innovative content to help companies improve their workplace wellness programming. The Project Manager will have strong presentation skills and identify opportunities to promote Wellness AtoZ on both local and national levels.
• Under the direction of the Wellness AtoZ committees, implement and update the strategic plan.
• Responsible for tracking and monitoring key performance indicators and providing regular updates to the Foundation board of directors.
• Recruit and onboard Wellness AtoZ employers through phone, email, and informational presentations.
• Develop relationships with Wellness AtoZ employers and work with them to implement program.
• Support Wellness AtoZ subcommittees including regular communications, meeting coordination, and agenda development.
• Work with Marketing to produce collateral and content for Wellness AtoZ.
• Arrange and implement quarterly WorkWell meetings at various employer locations, including arranging speakers, logistics, and materials.
• Drive fundraising efforts in collaboration with other departments, ensuring financial sustainability for Wellness AtoZ.
• Research and identify grant opportunities to scale Wellness AtoZ.
• Support Wellness AtoZ por tu salud and identify ways to expand efforts to the Hispanic community.
• Manage internal Chamber wellness program.
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
• Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships.
• Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions.
• Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization.
• Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally, and work in a team environment
• Proficient in all MS Office products.
• Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
• Minimum 1-year experience in project management, sales, and/or marketing.
• Fluent in Spanish, preferred, but not required.
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
• Self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction and achieve goals under tight deadlines that satisfy multiple priorities.
• Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources.
• Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors).
• Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism.
• Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally.
• Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.
Original source can be found here.